Who is eligible to join Kitui Teachers Sacco? and what are the requirements?
Kitui Teachers Sacco Membership is open to all. An individual is eligible for membership if he/she is in the possession of the following qualifications: –
- Over 18 years
- Teachers and TSC employees
- All civil servants and salaried employees
- Business community
- Spouse or child of any of the above who must be 18 years of age and above
The following documents are required:
- A fully filled membership application form
- Copy of the National Identity Card (Both sides)
- Two recent color passport size photographs.
How do I benefit being a member of Kitui Teachers Sacco?
- Favorable interest rates on loans
- High annual dividends and interest on deposits
- Instant M-Kitui Trs Sacco FOSA loans
- Repaying a Sacco builds your savings and encourages you to save
- We give loans on reducing balance
- Loan clearance on behalf of members
When am I eligible for a loan from the Sacco after joining?
When the first share contribution is received. In the event the loan amount applied is more than 3 times of the deposits, a portion of the loan amount will be used to boost shares so as to qualify for a that amount.
What is the difference between share capital and deposits?
Share capital is the money invested in the Sacco by the members/shareholders. It is a permanent /long term member’s contribution toward the Sacco capital and forms part of Sacco equity. It represents your ownership of the Sacco, currently each member has minimum of 100 Shares valued at KES 100.
Deposits means a balance that is established and maintained by a member at a SACCO that confers membership rights to that person, these are the regular monthly deposits. They are used to determine eligibility for a loan and can only be withdrawn when one ceases to be a member. Deposits can be used as loan security; and are withdraw-able members’ savings.
Is share capital refundable?
The share capital is non-refundable and is only transferable to an existing Sacco member or sold to a Sacco member when you cease being a member.
Can I withdraw part of my shares/deposits or offset outstanding loan with my shares deposits and continue being a member?
Partial withdrawal of shares is not allowed, nor offsetting part of an outstanding loan. A member is only allowed to offset his/her deposits against his/her loans if he/she ceases to be a member. He/She must then pay off the balance immediately if any before withdrawing from the Sacco.
How do I make my monthly shares contribution?
- Employer Check off
- Bank standing order
- M-Pesa Pay bill 417315
- Through *882*
- Mobile App
- Sacco Agents
- Over the counter cash deposit
For how long do I save in order to qualify for a loan?
Once the first contribution contribution is received, which entails the monthly contribution, registration fee contribution. In the event the loan amount applied is more than 3 times of the member’s deposits, a portion of the loan amount will be used to boost his/her deposits so as to qualify for the loan.
What are the requirements/documents do I need to apply for a loan?
- Fully completed loan application form
- The number of guarantors is dependable on the type of loan and their total deposit amount. They must be active members and have contributed towards their deposits for at least six months. Guarantors’ and applicant’s shares MUST be equal to or more than the loan applied for.
- Three current pay slips certified by the applicant’s employer’s payroll, MUST be attached to the application.
- Attach copy of National ID/Valid Passport
How can I boost /increase my deposits TO QUALIFY FOR BIGGER LOAN?
- You can either boost by paying cash or applying for a loan and retaining some amount to boost your deposits.
Does the Sacco buy off loans from other banks/Sacco/institutions?
- All you need is to provide the current loan statement from the bank/other institutions when applying for the loan.
What security do I need to acquire a loan?
- The security for BOSA loans are your deposits and guarantors, who should be members of the Sacco and remit their contributions on a monthly basis.
As a member how many loans am I entitled to?
- A member is allowed to apply/have more than one loan product from the different loan product categories as long as all lending requirements are met.
How much am I entitled to borrow?
- The Sacco offers different loan types depending on the member’s needs. One can borrow up to 3 times his/her savings and subject to the 2/3rds net pay after loan deductions.
How many guarantors do I need to get a loan?
- Loans granted by the Sacco must be fully guaranteed by members of the society. Guarantors and applicant’s shares MUST be equal to or more than the loan applied for.
Can I Self Guarantee?
- A member can Self guarantee if the loan amount taken is less or equal to the amount of shares deposit held and must not have any other guarantor liability.
- A member can also self-guarantee using fixed deposit fixed renewable after maturity but not withdrawable for the loan period.
How long does it take to replace a lost/expired ATM card/pin?
It takes a maximum of 2 weeks to replace the ATM card or pin.
Is any member eligible to get an ATM card?
Any member operating the FOSA Salary account qualifies for an ATM card
How do I Register for M-Kitui Teachers (mobile banking)?
M-Kitui Trs is the Sacco’s mobile banking service. A member can register for the service filling an application form or downloading the APP(K-Konnect) from the google play store. You will receive a pin which you will be requested to change to your desired pin.
Where can I use the ATM Card?
You can use the card at any Point of Sales (POS) terminals i.e. supermarkets, fuel stations, restaurants etc. You can use it overseas at any VISA branded ATM machines and for online transactions.
What is the process of terminating my membership from the Sacco?
Membership withdrawal is voluntary and one needs to inform the Sacco in writing of his/her intention to withdraw. This is done by providing a written and signed letter and filled withdrawal forms available at our offices. The process takes 30 days after the letter has been acknowledged and only when the necessary requirements have been met i.e. member must have cleared all his/her liabilities with the Sacco and has replaced all the members he/she has guaranteed.